A round 22 National Super League fixture pitting Migori Youth against league leaders Talanta FC was called off after chaos marred the high voltage match at Migori Stadium on Friday afternoon.

The second-tier clash was abandoned in the 75th minute as the visitors protested a penalty awarded to the home side.

National Super League leaders Talanta FC protesting 75th minute penalty awarded to Migori Youth at Migori Stadium on Friday afternoon.

“I am not pleased with what happened on the ground. That was not a penalty. Nobody handled the ball, nobody was fouled. The penalty came from nowhere,” Talanta FC head coach Ken Kenyatta said.

Kenyatta was particularly irked with the officiating, alleging a well-planned scheme to ensure his side emerged second best despite their showing in Migori.

“This is the same referee who officiated our match with Gusii Fc and gave me a red card. I missed three matches. So they are the same referees, who officiated today’s game and made sure we do not win the game,” claimed the former Harambee stars shot-stopper.

Talanta FC head coach Ken Kenyatta voicing his displeasure after the match.

He added:

“It is so painful if the game will be officiated this way.  It is so painful if we can come all the way from Nairobi. When they come to Nairobi we don’t do the same to them. No fans attack the opponent team, everything is always peaceful. And we play football to make friendship, we don’t play football to fight.”

Migori Youth head coach Wilson Aol however hit at the Nairobi-based club, terming them unprofessional in their conduct.

“The referee had a decision. Which I think was a right decision. But I think it was an uncouth behavior from the whole technical bench of Talanta FC, actually having a coach driving the whole bench, the whole substitutes towards the pitch during the run of play just to protest a decision, I think that was not very good from the opposing side,” Aol said after the match.

Migori Youth head coach Wilson Aol speaking to the press after the match was suspended.

Migori Youth had broken the dead lock in the opening half through striker Duncan Onyango, before Richard Bwire restored parity from the spot.

The Football Kenya Federation leagues and competitions committee will now investigate what transpired and pass a judgement.

Talanta lead standings with 20 points from 21 games, while Migori lie 14th with 25 points.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.