Boniface Muchiri was the man of the afternoon, rattling the Gor Mahia net with a fine free kick in the 56th minute, before Eugine Asike headed home the winner in the dying moments of the game at Nairobi’s Ruaraka Grounds on Thursday afternoon.

The match kicked off with Gor Mahia putting aside their FKF Betway Cup celebrations to take the lead just 14 minutes into the high-voltage face-off.

Ugandan-born South Sudan striker Tito Okello had the first laugh as he broke the deadlock after sublime delivery by star midfielder Kenneth Muguna.

Determined and motivated Gor Mahia ready for Tusker FC' - Muguna |
Gor Mahia striker Tito Okello in a past match against Tusker. PHOTO/COURTESY

Robert Matano’s lads however came back determined to win the game, Gor Mahia enjoying the lead into the break and well after, until the 56th minute when Boniface Muchiri kiboshed K’Ogalo’s impeding win with a fine free kick that left goalkeeper Gad Mathews well beaten between the sticks.

The game was delicately poised at 1-1 for the greater part of the second half until the penultimate stages when Sammy Meja set up Eugene Asika to score the winner.

Tusker stretch their lead at the top to 50 points from 23 matches, four points above closest challengers and Sunday’s opponents KCB.

The 8th loss of the campaign leaves Gor Mahia fourth on 40 points, same point tally as archrivals AFC Leopards who are at home to Bandari on Friday.

In the other match of the afternoon, hosts Nzoia Sugar edged out Bidco United 1-0 at the Nakuru showgrounds, courtesy of a Hillary Simiyu 67th minute strike.

May be an image of 2 people, people playing football, people playing American football, people standing and grass
Hosts Nzoia Sugar edged out Bidco United 1-0 in Nakuru. PHOTO/COURTESY

Collated FKF Premier League results

Tusker 2-1 Gor Mahia (Ruaraka Grounds, Nairobi)

Nzoia Sugar 1-0 Bidco United (Nakuru)

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.