The government has extended the existing COVID-19 containment measures until Tuesday, September 29, pending a review.

The measures include the daily dusk-to-dawn curfew and closure of bars which were imposed on August 26.

Head of Public Service Joseph Kinyua said in a gazette notice on Monday that President Kenyatta would deliver the 12th national address on the COVID-19 situation in the country on Tuesday.

The address will be preceded by the planned National COVID-19 conference slated for Monday.

The conference according to Kinyua, will help chart Kenya’s COVID-19 future as well as review the progress so far.

“The National COVID-19 Conference will be presided over by his excellency the President on Monday, 28th September 2020 and will feature participants from the entire spectrum of our national life. This pivotal conference is tipped to be a turning point in Kenya’s fight against the novel coronavirus Disease,” Kinyua said.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here